Joseph Baldwin Academy, Jr. is a one-week day program filled with engaging academic opportunities for students from the northeast Missouri region. Students engage in a variety of academic opportunities led by Truman faculty and staff.
This program is open to students who have completed 4th, 5th, or 6th grade.
Dates for JBA, Jr.
Monday, July 17 – Friday, July 21
Daily hours: 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Students enjoy tours of different parts of campus, lunch in a dining hall, educational classes, and fun activities.
- Planetarium and Herpetology Lab tours
- Activities in University classrooms and labs
- Lessons and activities at the University Farm
- Lunch and recreation provided every day
- Scavenger hunt to get to know Truman’s campus
- Additional classes and activities
Note: You’ll pay one rate or the other, not both.
- Standard Rate:
$100 per student (lunch included)
- Free/Reduced Lunch Rate:
$25 per student (lunch included)
Schools Providing Transportation
Please communicate with your local school to see if they are coordinating transportation for your student to our campus.
We’re here to help.
Joseph Baldwin Academy, Jr.
Institute for Academic Outreach
Truman State University
100 E. Normal Ave.
Kirksville, Missouri 53501